Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Preface to


Hello followers! I wanted to write a preface about this blog!

Craving. Sacrifice. Choice. Passion. Lifestyle.

Those five words illustrate the importance of health and fitness. In my world as a wife, a stay at home mother, a gym owner, a dental hygienist, and a Christian fitness has made a home in my life. There are many aspects to this journey we call life: Aspects that require us to be healthy for our family and obedient to our God in how we treat our bodies.

I'm here to share with you the ups  in the health and fitness world as a regular woman. I am  wife of a coal miner who is an artist, personal trainer, and gym owner. As a mother of two young boys, you can imagine how busy I am! As they grow older I see myself becoming more and more active and of course involved in their activities. Sports are in their future I can tell!

Initially I wanted to start this blog in order to keep track of my daily workouts and be able to post pictures and videos of improvements and personal records (PRs). Now I want to spark other women who may be in the same shoes as me. There have been times where I have been in the working world struggling to find time for the gym! Then I became a mother and had to find time to lift. Approximately a year after my first son was born my husband and I were blessed with an opportunity to buy a gym. A month into owning a gym we found out that we were going to have another baby (our eldest son was almost 1yr when we found out!) You can imagine the excitement and the nervousness of owning a business, working part-time as a dental hygienist, being a mother, and expecting a baby! Now imagine trying to cram in a workout!

 It can be done! You can do this! Your body is the most fascinating mechanism that God has ever created! There is nothing that you cannot do! You are stronger than you think!

In this life we are given the freedom of choice. There is an array of good vs. bad, right vs. wrong, and high vs. low. How will you live this life? Will you corrupt your body with what you put into it? Will you neglect the need to make healthy choices in order to set an extraordinary example for your spouse and children? Or will you commit to a life of obedience to yourself, your family, and your faith? Will you choose the good over the bad, the right over the wrong, and the high over the low.

No comments:

Post a Comment